Monday, February 28, 2011

Introduction

It is my last semester at Luther College, and man are the powers that be making me think!  My Paideia Capstone class is trying three times a week to make decisions for our U.S. school system.  For this section's response I have decided to invoke the use of technology to help me.  My ultimate question is should schools and teachers be teaching values to our students?  I recently emailed a few of my favorite people to see what they had to say on the topic of values in the schools.  This blog is devoted to those people and the discussion of the value of conveying values in our schools.

My sub-questions (the ones posed to my original contributors) are as follows:
1.  Do teachers and schools have the right or responsibility to convey their values to their students?  
2.  What values do you feel are important to teach in schools?
3.  Are there certain core beliefs of our society, that need to be emphasized in the classroom?
4.  Is there any danger in teaching values to children who come from different home cultures?  Or are certain values universal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment